LYNGBY FOOTBALL TICKETS
The name Kongens Lyngby was first mentioned in 1348.
At that time, a large part of North Zealand belonged to the Catholic Church (represented by Roskilde Cathedral, and the name Lyngby was associated with several places. The Lyngby store belonged to the Arresø church. "Our" Lyngby,
The original village of Lyngby is now known as Bondebyen.
Kongens Lyngby also housed the Lyngby watermill, which was first mentioned in 1492 but is probably several hundred years older.
The royal road Lyngby Kongevey was laid out in 1584 to provide easy communication between Copenhagen and Frederik's new castle Frederiksborg, from where it was later extended to Fredensborg and Helsingør.
This was the first of many royal roads created by Frederick II and his successor Christian IV.
In the 18th century, civil servants and merchants from Copenhagen built an increasing number of country houses in the area.
Kongens Lyngby had no rights to the market, but developed into a local service center with a growing number of artisans and traders.